European and RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Ophthalmology
Honorary Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- Hitti, R.J., Oliver, J.A.C., Schofield, E.C., Bauer, A., Kaukonen, M., Forman, O.P., Leeb, T., Lohi, H., Burmeister, L.M., Sargan, D. and Mellersh, C.S. (2019) Whole genome sequencing of Giant Schnauzer dogs with progressive retinal atrophy establishes NECAP1 as a novel candidate gene for retinal degeneration. Genes 10: 5 DOI 10.3390/genes10050385.
- Jeanes, E.C., Oliver, J.A.C., Ricketts, S.L., Gould, D.J. and Mellersh, C.S. (2019) Glaucoma-causing ADAMTS17 mutations are also reproducibly associated with height in two domestic dog breeds: selection for short stature may have contributed to increased prevalence of glaucoma. Canine Genet. Epidemiol. ; 6: 5.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Ricketts, S.L., Kuehn, M.H. and Mellersh, C.S. (2019) Primary closed angle glaucoma in the Basset Hound: Genetic investigations using genome-wide association and RNA sequencing strategies. Mol. Vis. ; 25: 93-105.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Wright. H., Massidda, P.A., Burmeister, L. and Mellersh, C.S. (2019) A variant in OLFML3 is associated with pectinate ligament abnormality and primary closed-angle glaucoma in Border Collies from the United Kingdom. Vet. Ophthalmol.; DOI 10.1111/vop.12680.
- Stavinohova, R., O’Halloran, C., Newton, J.R., Oliver, J.A.C., Scurrell, E. and Gunn-Moore, D.A.. (2019) Feline ocular mycobacteriosis: Clinical presentation, histopathological features and outcome. Vet. Pathol.; DOI: 10.1177/0300985819844819.
- Oliver J.A.C., Rustidge, S., Pettitt, L., Jenkins, C.A., Farias, F.H.G., Giuliano, E. and Mellersh, C.S. (2018) Evaluation of ADAMTS17 in Shar Pei with primary open angle glaucoma, primary lens luxation, or both. J. vet. Res.79,: 98-106.
- Mari, L., Stavinohova, R., Dominguez, E., Premont, J., Oliver, J. and De Risio, L. (2018) Ischemic optic neuropathy in a dog with acute bilateral blindness and primary systemic hypertension. Vet. int. Med. 32, 423-427.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Cottrell, B., Newton, R.J.and Mellersh, C.S. (2017) Gonioscopy in the dog: inter-examiner variability and the search for a grading scheme. J. small anim. Pract. 58, 652-658.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Ekiri, A.B. and Mellersh, C.S. (2017) Pectinate ligament dysplasia in the Border Collie, Hungarian Vizsla and Golden Retriever. Vet. Rec. 180, 279.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Ekiri, A. and Mellersh, C.S. (2016) Prevalence and progression of pectinate ligament dysplasia in the Welsh springer spaniel. J. small anim. Pract. 57, 416-421.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Ekiri, A. and Mellersh, C.S. (2016) Prevalence of pectinate ligament dysplasia and associations with age, sex and intraocular pressure in the Basset hound, Flatcoated retriever and Dandie Dinmont terrier. Canine Genet. Epidemiol.; DOI 10.1186/s40575-016-0033-1
- Oliver, J.A.C., Forman, O.P., Pettitt, L. and Mellersh, C.S. (2015) Two independent mutations in ADAMTS17 are associated with primary open angle glaucoma in the Basset Hound and Basset Fauve de Bretagne breeds of dog. PLOS One;DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0140436.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Bradbrook, C.A. (2013) Suspected brainstem anesthesia following retrobulbar block in a cat. Vet. Ophthalmol.16, 225-228.
- Thompson, S.M., Oliver, J.A.C., Leece, E.A., Gould, D.J. and Mendl, M. (2013) Preliminary investigations into the effects of topical ocular 1% morphine solution in dogs and cats. Anaesth. Analg.40, 632-640.
- Oliver, J.A.C. and Gould, D.J. (2012) Survey of ophthalmic abnormalities in the labradoodle in the UK. Vet. Rec.170, 390.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Clark, L., Corletto, F. and Gould, D.J. (2010) A comparison of anesthetic complications between diabetic and non-diabetic dogs undergoing phacoemulsification cataract surgery: a retrospective study. Vet. Ophthalmol.13(4), 244-250.
- Oliver, J.A.C., Llabrés-Diaz, F.J., Gould, D.J. and Powell, R.M. (2009) Central nervous system infection with Staphylococcus intermediussecondary to retrobulbar abscessation in a dog. Vet. Ophthalmol.12, 333-337.