Job Title: Senior Nurse – Emergency & Critical Care
Date Created: January 2020
Reports to: Head of Emergency & Critical Care (ECC)
Develop your career with DWR and be part of something special!
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and organised Senior Nurse to lead the nursing team within our rapidly growing Emergency and Critical Care Service.
Responsibilities / Expectations:
- To provide high standard advanced nursing care to critically ill small animal patients, learning new techniques where necessary.
- To assist with the triage and stabilisation of cases presenting to the hospital on an emergency basis.
- Mentoring other nurses to be able to provide the same level of care.
- To ensure the smooth daily operation of the ECC service.
- Line management and mentoring of the ECC nursing team.
- To work closely with the senior management team to meet the goals of the ECC service and the wider hospital.
- To take an active role and show initiative in helping the service to grow and adapt as it matures within the hospital.
- To provide training to other hospital staff and externally, including taking a leading role in CPR training in-house, ideally becoming a RECOVER certified instructor.
- To be responsible for team adherence to infection control policies within the ICU.
- Previous experience in a specialist led small animal emergency and critical care setting.
- Either actively working towards, or already successfully completed, the VTS (ECC) qualification.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Previous experience in lecturing on the subject of ECC at a national and international level, or interest in doing so.
- Previous teaching experience is considered beneficial.
As you would expect from the UK’s largest private veterinary referral hospital, we offer an inspiring and friendly working environment together with career development opportunities and an attractive benefits package.
If you share our passion for delivering excellence, trust and care then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to: email@example.com