In order to continue providing our veterinary referral services, while keeping our colleagues and clients as safe as possible by reducing the potential for exposure to the Covid-19 virus, we are changing the way we work, including the procedures for admitting patients. As from 23rd March 2020, the process will be as follows:
1. On arrival at DWR, clients should use the intercom system outside Reception to speak to the Client Care Team. Clients will NOT be allowed to enter Reception;
2. A member of the Client Care Team will then meet clients in the area outside of Reception to perform the necessary admission procedures;
3. We are asking all clients to arrive with a mobile phone and give the number to the Client Care Team. They should then return to their cars in the car park;
4. The appropriate clinician will then conduct a telephone consultation. PLEASE NOTE that these telephone conversations will be recorded in line with our standard policy;
5. Once this is complete, the clinician will meet the client outside of Reception and collect the patient. The clinician is likely to be wearing protective clothing, including mask and gown. Please do not be alarmed by this. It is part of our strategy to protect ourselves and our clients;
6. A consent form will be pre-prepared and clients will be asked to sign it. Sterilised pens will be available for this purpose;
7. If there are clients without a mobile phone, or who do not have a signal, a face-to-face consultation will be held but this will be kept as brief as possible;
8. We will strive to keep clients well informed of patients’ progress throughout their stay with us. PLEASE NOTE that our hours of work are likely to be extended. This is because we have provided the NHS with some of our anaesthetic and monitoring equipment and we are therefore working with a reduced number of operating theatres but for longer hours.
9. Please check this website again immediately prior to any visit, as the situation is changing constantly.