The Cardiology team offers a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for animals suspected of having heart disease.
The Cardiology service is run by Anne Kurosawa with Laurent Locquet and the support of Kitt Hunt. Anne and Laurent are Board-certified Cardiologists and are American and European Specialists in Veterinary Cardiology.
The most common conditions include heart murmurs, weakness or collapse, arrhythmias and dyspnoea. We are supported by a 24-hour veterinary and nursing team to ensure all of our patients have the optimal care while hospitalised.
The Cardiology team is fortunate to be involved in the Heart Surgery Programme. We are one of only a few centres in the world offering open heart surgery under cardiopulmonary bypass for our patients with severe heart disease. Click here for more information.
Cardiology department services:
- GE Vivid E95 2D and 4D Transthoracic and Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- 6-lead or 12-lead Electrocardiography
- 24 hour Ambulatory ECG (Holter monitor)
- Implantable Loop Recorder
- Doppler Blood Pressure evaluation
- Digital Fluoroscopic Angiography
- Digital Radiography
- Multi-slice CT (including CT angiography)
- Pericardiocentesis and Pericardial Surgery
- Minimally invasive, catheter-based occlusion of Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Balloon valvuloplasty for Pulmonic Stenosis and Cortriatriatum Dexter
- Pacemaker implantation for symptomatic bradyarrhythmias
Our Cardiology team are pleased to offer advice to colleagues in primary care practice. We also aim to see urgent cases where required so please contact us if you would like to refer a case.
NB: All routine echocardiogram (heart scan) reassessments will be charged a full echocardiogram charge unless specified at the time of the consultation.