DWR Veterinary Specialists and Cambridge Equine Hospital are delighted to announce that our joint Equine Ophthalmology referral service is now up and running and accepting referrals.
Cases will be seen at Cambridge Equine Hospital by the DWR Specialist-led Ophthalmology Team (for details, see: https://www.dickwhitereferrals.com/service/ophthalmology/)
We are accepting both routine and emergency referrals for all equine ophthalmic conditions, including:
- Medical and surgical management of corneal ulcers;
- Surgical repair of corneal lacerations;
- Diagnosis and treatment of equine recurrent uveitis (ERU) including placement of suprachoroidal cyclosporine implants;
- Diagnosis and treatment of immune mediated keratitis (IMMK) including superficial keratectomies and placement of episcleral cyclosporine implants;
- Second opinions on pre-purchase examination (PPE) findings;
- Cataract assessment;
- Treatment of ocular tumours including sarcoids and squamous cell carcinoma, in conjunction with the internal medicine and oncology team at Cambridge Equine Hospital.
To discuss a case or arrange a referral, please call or email Cambridge Equine Hospital on: