- European Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- RCVS-Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- Honorary Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
Panagiotis (Pete) Mantis graduated from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece in 1994. He completed a Diagnostic Imaging Residency at the Royal Veterinary College and then worked in first opinion practices and referral hospitals in London. He spent a year at the Swedish Agricultural University in Uppsala and in 2000 he moved to the Royal Veterinary College. He became Senior Lecturer in Radiology and remained at RVC until joining DWR in 2017. In 2019, he was appointed Head of Diagnostic Imaging. Pete is a European and RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and Fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. He is a regular author, speaker and CPD tutor on small animal radiology, ultrasonography, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Mantis P, Sofou EI, Aleksandrova S, Badulescu E, Church D, Lloyd D, Koutsouvelis P, Mpairamoglou S, Chatzis M, Saridomichelakis M. High-frequency ultrasound biomicroscopy findings of the skin of dogs with atopic dermatitis. Vet Dermatol. 2023 Apr 28. doi: 10.1111/vde.13169. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37114506.
- Natsiopoulos T, Tappin S, Shing H, Mantis P. Dimensions of normal feline kidneys using computed tomography. Journal of Companion Animal Medicine. 2022: 11(2): 92-106.
- Furtado ARR Muniz Morris L, Esmieu S, Cherubini GB, Mantis P. Low-field magnetic resonance imaging characteristics of multifocal vertebral lesions in dogs. Vet Rec. 2021 Sep;189(5):e78. doi: 10.1002/vetr.78. Epub 2021 Jan 28. PMID: 34505679
- Swain CE, Cherubini GB, Mantis P. Low Field MRI Measurements of the Normal Canine Trigeminal Nerve. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. Frontiers in Veterinary Science . 2020: https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2020.00274
- Theophanes Liatis, Ana Rita Furtado , Panagiotis Mantis, Giunio Bruto Cherubini. Convergence-Retraction Nystagmus in a Dog With Presumptive Ischemic Encephalopathy Following Acute Cervicothoracic Myelopathy. Topics in Companion Animal Medicine. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tcam.2019.100381
- Krystalli AA, Prassinos NN, Mantis P . Caudal cruciate ligament avulsion at its origin in a dog. Journal of the Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society 2019; http://dx.doi.org/10.12681/jhvms.21803
- Liatis T, Di Stefani A, Mantis P, Cherubini GB. Delayed forebrain syndrome due to presumptive traumatic intranasal meningoencephalocele in a cat. Veterinary Record Case Reports 2019; 7: e000910. doi: 10.1136/vetreccr-2019-000910