Job Title: Veterinary Nurse Lecturer (Part time)
Date Created: February 2022
Location: Newmarket / Cambridge
Reports to: Academy Principal
Develop your career with DWR and be part of something special!
DWA was opened in 2016 to help address the shortage of veterinary nurses, DWA now trains 145 students on the apprenticeship system and an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Veterinary Nurse Lecturer, who is passionate and conscientious, to join our Lecturing team working in our busy Academy. The position will involve planning and delivering learning activities, mark coursework, acting as Personal Tutor and Course Director.
Your role and responsibilities
- Prepares schemes of work and plans and conducts teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of the individual students in line with Health and Safety requirements.
- Prepares, marks and records relevant coursework and assessment.
- Supports and guides students regarding their academic progress.
- Teach on a range of course/programmes within the area.
- Act as Course Director/Personal Tutor including conducting Gateway interviews
- Participate in effective course review and evaluation procedures.
- Acts on relevant internal and external procedures, promoting and ensuring quality improvement.
- Contributes information to ensure that Course Guides are current and relevant.
- Contributes to course marketing and publicity.
- Assists in timetabling and rooming requirements for relevant courses.
- Assists in the organisation of and implements the induction of new students onto relevant courses.
- Participates in pre-inspection activities
- Contributes to student interviewing and guidance processes.
- Promote safe and healthy working practices in learning areas, applying and complying with health and safety regulations.
- Follow and comply with DWA safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Participate in training and development activities as appropriate.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained where required and compliance with Data Protection regulations and policy.
- Undertake such other work as may be required from time to time by the Principal consistent with the duties and grading of the post.
- Basic salary £25,000 to 32,000
- Generous leave allowance
- Access to Private Medical cover
- Personal Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
If you share our passion for delivering excellence, trust and care then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to: email@example.com