Blood donor programme
We have a Blood donor programme at DWR, giving dogs that meet the description below the chance to become life savers and donate blood.
This is not only to support our new and exciting Heart Surgery programme that is one of a few in the world. But it will support all of the operations we do at DWR and ensure we have blood available when we need it most.
- Fit and healthy
- Aged between one and eight years old
- Weigh more than 18kg
- Not received a blood transfusion themselves
- Not on any medication
- Have yearly vaccinations and regular worming and flea treatment
- Comfortable and relaxed with people
- Have not travelled outside the UK or Ireland or be an imported animal.
What is in it for you and your dog?
- Pre-donation vet health checks and annual blood test
- TLC and a tasty meal after they donate
- A DWR bravery bandana
- A complementary bag of (Royal Canin) food to take home.
If you would like to know more please email firstname.lastname@example.org